COVID-19 prevention at Elexon Mining
We are monitoring the situation closely and regularly.
As the Coronavirus begins to have a more significant impact, we are actively following and implementing the guidelines from both the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government Department of Health.
At Elexon Mining we are highly focussed on the health, well-being and safety of our own staff and on keeping our operations running safely, so we can continue to deliver products to our customers. During this time, it is especially important that everyone stay healthy.
Here are some resources you can turn to if you have questions:
- The World Health Organization
- Australia: the Department of Health
- Canada: the Government of Canada
- United States: the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
We would like to provide assurance to our customers and stakeholders that we are prepared, should the local impacts of COVID-19 change.
There are many things we can and are doing to keep our employees, contractors and partners safe.
- Travel – we have for the most part halted all work-related travel and are asking teams to instead connect in other ways, such as Zoom or Skype, and most of our office-based teams are working from home.
- Childcare and family responsibilities – We are providing flexible work arrangements to support our affected employees and their families.
- Clean work areas – We have introduced several additional precautionary measures to reduce the risks and ensure the highest level of hygiene standards are being met in our operations.
Our aim is that the support for our customers continues to be provided with no, or minimal, disruption.
We have the technology and capability to work remotely where possible and we have the business continuity planning in place to ensure our customers’ needs will be addressed, and our business operations will continue.
We acknowledge that the uncertainty around the future impacts of COVID-19 may cause concern.
We want to reassure all our customers and stakeholders that Elexon is here to support you during this period of uncertainty.